The Birmingham Apprenticeship Awards 2020 will celebrate achievement among individuals, their employers and education and training providers.
Our event this year is run in partnership with Ladder for Greater Birmingham, a campaign which is working to create hundreds of new apprenticeships across the region.
The awards will be held online In November as a result of the coronavirus crisis but will still be a stellar celebration of the apprenticeship movement in Greater Birmingham.
There will be 12 separate categories including crowning our overall Apprentice of the Year and here we focus on one of the six individual awards to be presented on the night.
Scroll down for more details about the event or click through here to go straight to the nomination form
Outstanding Apprentice of the Year (Travel, Tourism and Hospitality)
The travel, tourism and hospitality industries are thriving in the region, with major attractions and destinations drawing in visitors from across the UK and around the world. This category is for those apprenticeships working at the forefront of making these industries tick, such as helping to create the best family days out, host great events and excursions, run fantastic hotels or showcase the region’s great history and heritage.
The award also welcomes nominations from those helping to bring in big commerce and conferences to boost the business tourism economy. This is a new category for our 2020 awards.
Birmingham Apprenticeship Awards 2020
The Birmingham Apprenticeship Awards are back for a second year, in partnership with the Ladder for Greater Birmingham. The event will be held online only on Friday November 27, 2020 and will celebrate apprentices, employers and training and education providers.
The awards are free and easy to enter via our online form which can be found here along with those all-important T&Cs. The deadline for entries is Friday September 18.
If you have any questions about entering or the awards in general, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to learn more about becoming a commercial partner of the awards.
For more information visit our events website here and please follow the hashtag #BAA20 for updates on social media.
The full list of categories and sponsors is:
– Outstanding Apprentice of the Year (Construction and Property)
– Outstanding Apprentice of the Year (Engineering and Manufacturing), sponsored by Birmingham Metropolitan College
– Outstanding Apprentice of the Year (Health, Education and Care)
– Outstanding Apprentice of the Year (Professional Services), sponsored by Performance Through People
– Outstanding Apprentice of the Year (Tech, Digital and Creative Industries)
– Outstanding Apprentice of the Year (Travel, Tourism and Hospitality)
– Apprentice of the Year (chosen from the six category winners above)
– Small Employer of the Year (1-50 staff)
– Medium Employer of the Year (51-249 staff), sponsored by BCTG
– Large Employer of the Year (250+ staff), sponsored by The Development Manager
– Training Provider of the Year, sponsored by The Ladder Foundation
– Education Engagement Award
Greater Birmingham and Solihull Local Enterprise Partnership is also an event supporter.
The awards are run in conjunction with the Ladder for Greater Birmingham campaign, an initiative launched in 2018 aimed at creating 1,000 new apprenticeships in Birmingham and Solihull. To find out more about the Ladder campaign and how employing apprentices can benefit your business, visit ladderforbirmingham.co.uk or call 03332 409 699