The Economist Events have great pleasure in announcing the Travel and Tourism Leadership Summit entitled “Can the industry bounce back after Covid-19?” to take place virtually on May 20th 2020 at 3pm EEST (2pm CET | 8am EDT).
The global economy was already on a slowdown when the Covid-19 outbreak appeared, leading the world to face one of the most serious pandemics of the last 100 years.
A health crisis translates to an economic crisis and the scenario of a deep recession comes to the fore. The outbreak of Coronavirus Covid-19 presents the travel and tourism sector with a major and evolving challenge.
How can the industry bounce back in the vortex of the COVID-19 crisis? It is against this setting that the world is called upon to prove that it can effectively overcome this crisis. There is an urgent need for solidarity and global leadership through a constructive and meaningful dialogue between Government and business leaders on how to tackle the Covid-19 challenges and prepare the travel and tourism industry for the next day.
▪ The impact of the epidemic: How can the industry become less vulnerable to unpredictable threats?
▪ Easing the impact of the crisis: Lessons from the 2008 recession and past pandemics
▪ Building resilience: The role of governments and the financial institutions
▪ How should Mediterranean countries respond? The significance of partnerships
▪ Sharing best practices and global travel and innovation technology initiatives
▪ Digital transformation in the sector: cost and complexity
The official language of the event is English. Simultaneous translation from English to Greek will be provided throughout the event.
Register free of charge here
View the agenda here